The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EE&RE) Action Team supports the creation of new jobs and business opportunities that reduce energy demands and costs and increase energy efficiency and the production and use of renewable energy.
Accomplishments to date include:
- Coordination and Outreach support for weatherization events including:
- 10/10/10 Weatherization Outreach Event
- Cool the planet – Warm the Neighborhood (November 2009)
- Grant assistance and coordination
- Pathways out of Poverty grant assistance
- Energy Efficiency Community Block Grants
- Living Cities grant application and award
- ACC mandate requiring UniSource Energy Services to work with SEDI in the development of a revolving loan fund for EE projects. EE&RE coordinated testimonial submittals to ACC and arranged meetings with Commissioners.
- Zero Energy (ZEN) Homes Initiative research project. Read the Report here “Zen Homes Project Internship Report 09-18-09” (PDF 218Kb)
- Named as a 2010 Finalist for the Governor’s Excellence Award in Energy. Read the nomination here “SEDI EE&RE 2010 Excellence Awards Application” (PDF 41 Kb)
JOIN US! SEDI EE&RE will meet on Friday, January 14 and Friday February 11 from 8:00-10:00 AM at Flagstaff City Hall.